Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Annoyed Venting Mode

So... I'm annoyed.

Office politics is expected as part of my field of work. However, I was expecting people to just pass the blame on as much as I've experienced today.

So I head into work and start up my computer as usual, check my voicemail/e-mail. I see this from another co-worker @ a nearby branch. And open it, expecting to see some request for admin stuff, boring, but easy. I read the e-mail, and was just shocked and unable to formulate a response at all from sheer shock. I was stunned at how blatently blame was placed on me despite all the notes i had put in to outline what was completed. What's even more disrespectful, she (the co-worker) carbon-copied her manager and my manager as well, to direct the blame my way. Thankfully, I had originally discussed with my manager soon after the client left and she was well aware of the situation. After reading it again, and talking to my manager, we've concluded that she's trying to cover her own rear end and put the blame on me as her manager was probably grilling her on why the business walked away from her desk. Someone she was working with dropped the ball, and the clients went elsewhere for getting what they need. Such is the case in this very competitive industry. 

Then later on, a client came in with some difficult requests. He wanted a faster response than I could give, so I had suggested that he phone the card issuer directly to see what can be done. Even after explaining to the card issueing centre what the situation was. They were adamant that I complete the entire transaction. Seriously, the whole point was to see if they could speed it up, and instead of giving the client a response on whether they could do it, they decided not to talk to them at all. Nor gave me a response as to whether they could do it. If you're going to decline people, at least tell me, then I'll work on the alternatives. It's not very polite to not help out internal partners with direct responses. I couldn't yell at the guy on the phone because I still had a client in front of me. But if he was gone, oh I would've given him a piece of my mind. Instead he just wasted my time and I hung up on him (or rather pretended I ended the conversation politely while he was still blabbering on and hung up on him).

UGHH! But the day ended good. I wasn't in physical pain, and some business is confirmed! YAY!

No comments: