Friday, November 17, 2006

Water Advisory

Allen says: Don't drink the water! >_<


Don't drink the water if you're in Vancouuuuverrrr, cuz you know... it's... I have no idea. Apparently the quality of the water isn't safe for consumption because of the heavy rainfall. So... boil that H20!

Can anyone explain to me how the heavy rainfall causes the tap water to be undrinkable? I'm guessing it's not because of acid rain like most cases, or does this have something to do with the rain water being unclean and, yeah I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Edit: There was an earlier warning in North Vancouver regarding their water, and it had to do with tests that were positive for presence of fecal coliform. So yah... poop in the water!

3 comments:

NTmatter said...

According to the Mythbusters, Fecal Coliform bacteria are pretty much everywhere, and they're not too much of a problem. According to CTV News, the storm "stirred up reservoirs and overwhelmed the water treatment system" citing a concern that "particulates in the water would make it harder to disinfect the water, increasing the risk of gastro-intestinal illness."

So, it looks harmless, and they haven't found any real problems...it's just a safety precaution anyway.

Jeffrey Qua said...

Ah, I saw that episode of Mythbusters too!

Are you referring to the one where they had samples everywhere around the house and how they had positive results in their control samples as well?

Cameron Wu said...

I bet Brita pollutes water supplies and has weather machines to cause over-raining just to increase sales.