While this may not be an issue for most institutions with a small home-use staff coffee maker, the others, abit stranger, institutions that actually offer coffee for both staff and customers as a complimentary bonus (and thus require something a bit more hardy than the run of the mill home coffee maker--> read: machine is connected to water supply through hose), Friday proved to be a nightmare.
By around 12pm (my lunch time), i had such a craving for caffeine (as with 90% of everyone in the branch) that i had to think of something. Thankfully, being connected with the Starbucks in the mall (which i also work at, duh), I was able to brainstorm with the baristas and come up with a solution.
I had a smal
l electric kettle to boil water, but no coffee nor ways to brew coffee. Starbucks had ways to brew coffee, the coffee itself in abundence, but no way to boil water for 1 minute (it comes close to boiling, but not yet... ). So i ended up borrowing a french press (bodum), and having coffee ground and packaged in porportions for the french press, with which i headed back to the branch, to boil water and make a much needed cup of joe... It was either this, or I was about to draw up a waiver of responsibility for starbucks so I could sign it and abolish them of all further liability for making me a cup of my regular: quad grande half sweet _____ (insert syrup choice of day here) non-fat no-foam americano misto (with more water)... which would just require too much effort.Everyone in the branch, when they smelled the coffee, came a runnin' repeating the words "sweet nectar of the gods... gimmie gimmie gimmie" =)
Long story, but I hope it proved humorous.
2 comments:
I sure hope you were smart enough to start charging for your coffee supply. LOLzzzzzz!
no, i don't charge for that. it's just coffee...
Post a Comment