I like GAP products, well specifically Banana Republic... and refuse to let old navy touch my skin... call me spoiled... whatever... but... sometimes, I question which queen did they get to do their advertising??? and wtf was s/he on???
The new jeans campaign... cute, american, kinda getting back to roots thing for GAP... but really. I walk in to a store, and see posters with guys wearing jeans. Authentic, Slim, Standard, Boot, Loose.... and last but not least... is a guy on a poster... with the only word on the ad being "easy."
I did a double take... Jeffrey laughed... but really... I know GAP kinda stands for gay and proud, but you don't need to advertise that the model is easy...
see for yourself....
p.s. "Straight" guy doesn't look all that straight...
2 comments:
I'm sure the ad agency had a laugh with that term too, but the "Easy" most likely came from Gap.
My old agency AKQA did the interactive campaign for it (www.borntofit.com).
i'm pretty sure GAP had to have okayed the ad campaign... and I'm just wondering which queen okayed that... Not the firm that got the contract to do the campaign.
Post a Comment