An Impromptu review of The House that should have been written in June when we went there for dinner with Cam and my parents.
We started with oysters on the half shell. They were fresh and delish! I don't remember what kind of oysters they were. [Selected oysters on the half shell with spicy cilantro mignonette]


Not sure why we're smiling. I think we were pretty hungry at this point.
Our main entrees:

[Kurobuta pork chop with pomegranate currant sauce]

[Grilled sea bass with garlic ginger soy] Not sure if this is right

[Grilled ahi tuna (rare) with spicy mustard aioli]
Honestly, I have never had better Ahi ANYWHERE. The three slices were cooked to perfection. I've never had multiple pieces where they were all cooked the same consistent and perfecto. The House currently has Jeff's stamp of best Ahi anywhere.
The pomegranate sauce with the pork chops are exquisite. Fresh, earthy flavors that pair well with pork. Mmmmm...
The cod or bass dish was cooked well. It was soft and tender and matched with the avocado and rice gave way to a very odd California-roll type balance.
The House is a small restaurant with a modern, though simple interior. The restaurant really shines in the presentation and cooking of its Western Asian Fusion. It has set the bar very high in terms of taste standards and I will no doubt be comparing their preparation of Ahi Tuna against every other place.
This place is a definite must-try when in San Fran.
Overall: 5/5
Food: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Other: 4.5/5 - Have to take marks off just because it's not the nicest looking of restaurants
It's relatively standard pricing of about $15-25. So for price points, it's on par with other places but the quality separates it from the rest.
--End Review
Picture from Spork:

I don't have any other pictures from Spork. Cam, you need to post them since you're the only one that got the shots.
Random picture: It's an Apple/tech vending machine located bottom floor of Macy's in Union Square
No comments:
Post a Comment