Quickly:
Their drinks seem pre-made--created in giant buckets that they dip soup ladles into to fill their cups. Their milk tea and honey milk teas are below Vancouver standards, but aren't too terrible. I tried their litchi slush drink when it was a particularly hot day yesterday, and it came out watery. Not so good.
The verdict: 2/5 Quality, 1/5 Price
Tapioca Express:
TapEx, is a step above Quickly. While I can't speak to the quality of their milk tea drinks, I tried a strawberry slush and it was far superior to Quickly's half-melted cup of ice and litchi concentrate. It's consistency was closer to that of a 7-11 Slurpee--so finely ground, it was almost powdery. It tasted very much like the 'frapp' drinks at Pearl Castle. Unfortunately, TapEx can't be found in San Francisco. You have to drive to Daly City to get some.
The verdict: 3/5 Quality, 1/5 Price
The clear winner here is Tapioca Express!
1 comment:
do you mean lychee when you say 'litchi'?
Oh, go try Jollibee if you're in Daly City. Try some weird Filipino fast food.
I've been trying to get Jams to eat rice with his fried chicken but no dice.
Post a Comment